Photo: “X-Men: Dark Phoenix”, Hollywood Insider Youtube Channel/20th Century Fox
X-Men: Dark Phoenix Trivia –
- Sophie Turner was more than well prepared for the role of Dark Phoenix, having studied mental illnesses to bring authenticity to her character.
- This movie has a bunch of firsts – it is the first X-Men film to not speak of or show Logan or Wolverine played by Hugh Jackman. Jackman has already retired from the role which he has famously played since X-Men (2000). Although he was seen in Deadpool 2 (2018), it was only through reused stock footage from X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).
- Jessica Chastain‘s first Marvel film, as in the past she had rejected roles of Maya Hansen in Iron Man 3 (2013) and Hope Van Dyne in Ant-Man (2015).
- This is the first film directed by screenwriter Simon Kinberg.
- Jennifer Lawrence did not want to play Mystique anymore, but changed her mind as she did not want her character to get the “Chuck Cunningham Syndrome Treatment”.
- Simon Kinberg describes Genosha as Magneto’s Israel: “It’s a land built for mutants, a homeland where they can be safe and self-sufficient.” This is a nod to Magneto’s Jewish heritage.
- Hans Zimmer had already decided to retire from composing soundtracks for superhero movies after working on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, as he had already worked on a plethora of them including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man. But the director Simon Kinberg got him to create the score for this film. Now he has also signed on to co-compose Wonder Woman 1984.
- The film is set in 1992, that was the same year the X-Men comics were relaunched with new costume designs and a new cartoon show known as X-Men: The Animated Series.
By Hollywood Insider Staff Writer
More Interesting Stories From Hollywood Insider
– Pride Month: The effectiveness of LGBTQ+ representation in film/TV, from the first gay love story film in 1919, to where we must go.
– When Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast of Once Upon A Time In… Hollywood brought glamour back to Cannes
– 10 facts you may not know about Ben Hardy, the Bohemian Rhapsody Star.
– Aladdin’s Naomi Scott aka Jasmine is a humanitarian in reel-and-real life
– Pritan Ambroase on his idols Martin Scorsese, James Cameron and positive actions needed to avert the global warming crisis
– How Hollywood continues to take a stance on climate change and speaks up to halt the crisis facing our ONE home known as earth
– Priyanka Chopra slams media for giving online trolls/bullies a larger platform to spew their harmful negativity
– How John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is a near perfect action flick starring Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry
Hollywood Insider is a media network thatfocuses on substance and meaningful entertainment/culture, so as to utilize media as a tool to unite and better our world, by combining entertainment, education and philanthropy, while being against gossip and scandal.